Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Skies

Just when you think you've recovered, she shows up again and it all gets complicated. But in an airy, light-headed way...

I just re-watched "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" with my dad. Mom and sis are gone for the weekend, which means Dad and I can freely watch action movies or whatever without being persecuted. Woo!

Today was also my first REAL day as a swim coach. The other coach and I are playing "good coach, bad coach" to a degree, and I've been the good coach (surprise!). It's a lot of fun (AND I get paid a lot). It actually makes me MISS those old days of hauling my ass out of bed just so I could go freeze it in a pool before the sun comes up.

Speaking of the sun, there is a HUGE fire in the Cuyama valley North of us. It is far enough away not to be any danger to our home, but the smoke has been casting an eerie red shadow over the sky. The sky generally still looks blue, but the sun is a deep orange and everything looks like it has been lit with indoor lights (even though it is outdoors). Tonight I went and did some star-gazing, and the stars didn't seem to twinkle right. There isn't much of a moon, and yet it all seems dim...it's like I'm trying to stargaze back in LA again.

Well, maybe it's not THAT bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home