Wednesday, June 07, 2006

"Now let's here you call Boris Karloff a cocksucker!"

Bill Murray steals every scene he's in in "Ed Wood." And Martin Landau does a great and ultimately touching performance as Bella Lugosi. Not Tim Burton's all-time best, but certainly very good and lots of fun.

"Ed Wood" reminded me (again) just how many people out there want to make movies, and how in many cases really shitty directors will nevertheless get to follow their dreams. So much for the Protestant work ethic...

On a completely unrelated note, I've got to remember what my old buddy Topher told me in 9th grade: "Don't smother, Dan. Don't smother." Of course I followed his advice then and nothing happened with THAT one, but it still seems like sage advice. And it's EASY advice for a coward.

Of course, Topher does remind me of my current buddy Dalton, and Dalton has given me tips that go in the complete opposite direction. Hmmm...I guess I'll just wait and see. Maybe I'll surprise myself. Or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home